Monday, May 12, 2008

ABOUT DOWLOADABLE AUDIO

Our Overdrive program allows patrons to check out audio books or music from a sort of a virtual library.
I find that the list of titles offered is limited( i.e. I could not find my favorite non-fiction authors); but on the plus side, it is a great addition to our already extensive collection of Audio books and media at the library and branches for those who like to multitask while listening to audio books or music.
The other neat thing is that you can dowload to an MP3 PLAYER, so you do not need to be by your computer while using this option.
It is also available from overseas as long as you have a BPL card. My father, has been listening to Overdrive books from Spain,and he loves it!
And for classical music aficionados, it is a great resource to use from home.
The program Overdrive, needs to be dowloaded first, but it is free and only take a minute. Once you have done that you can select wichever title you would like to listen too; and as a great help, you can listen to an excerpt before you commit yourself to listening to an irritating voice for 3 hours!
I did dowload "A bear called Paddington" because I liked the voice of Stephen Fry from "Babe, the sheep-dog"'s audio book.

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Good work. I have a Mac, so I can't actually use Overdrive from home. But apparently that might be changing soon.