Monday, May 19, 2008

ABOUT LIBRARYTHING



The books listed above were randomly chosen by LibraryThing as a sample of my Library, and I could not find the way to choose the titles myself.
From this preview you may think that I am a feminist, and this would be a little bias. I do certainly like to read non-fiction books on female issues, but I do read non-fiction on other subjects as well (parenting, pregnancy,genetics, animal behaviourism _"Is my cat crazy?" and "Animals in translation" are awesome books on the subject_...
I also tend to check out books on whatever project for the house or myself I am about to tackle( sewing curtains, cooking, painting the house, gardening, decoration and design etc.); and once in a while I do read fiction books (" The red tent" or "Yummy mummy" are some of my favorites).
And if you checked out my library account lately, you would also notice a long list of juvenile picture books that I read to Hugo before going to bed. He is an avid "listener" and asks for one book after another. This would be a sample list of his favorites titles: Potty Time; If you give a moose a muffin, Trucks, Planes, Fire engines, a Look and Find Book about Thomas the train, What baby wants, Moon game etc.
The good thing is that if the books are not on sight they are out of his mind( it is a little boring to read the same books over and over for a month!).
Finally what I would like to point out about LibraryThing is the possibility of connecting to people with the same reading tastes, how easy it is to find a book to add to your list even if you do not remember the exact title, or the author( if you have a visual memory the display of several options with a cover picture of the book makes the task very easy indeed!) and another plus is how easy it is to get recommendations on other books and check out reviews.
And that is all!

1 comment:

Terzah said...

I figured you'd have fun w/ LibraryThing. It's a good idea, to put Hugo's books in there too. I'll have to create a library for Will and Ruth's books. We could tag them by age--I bet someone in there has already done that. Great ideas!